Skills & Interests
- Proficient in Go
- Proficient in Objective-C
- Familiar with Rust
- Familiar with Swift
- Learning Haskell
- Learning Erlang
- Want to learn OCaml
- Proficient in UNIX-like systems administration
- Proficient in Git
- Proficient in Docker
- Familiar with Kubernetes
- Familiar with distributed systems
- Familiar with Behavior-Driven Development
- Familiar with Scrum
- Wrote a real-time application based on Rank-Pairing Heaps, with a processing capacity of 3,226,800 operations per second on a laptop.
- Designed a distributed system and created and maintained a Kubernetes cluster for it.
- Implemented Scrum within the team and became Scrum Master.
- Managed cloud infrastructure for various projects.
- Containerized and deployed several applications.
- Wrote backend code for multiple apps for various clients.
- Wrote a modularized web app platform for enterprise software to simplify internal HR processes.
- Deployed the aforementioned system on Google App Engine.
Rabid Videogames2012–2013 Unity, C#
- Worked with generative algorithms for level design.
- Programmed the gameplay for a number of games.
Weddar2011–2012, 2013–2014 Objective-C, Go
- Ported a geo-querying database overlay to Go.
- Ported a Python backend to Go.
- Took over a large iOS project written in Objective-C.
- Implemented a number of new features in the iOS app.
An AMQP client wrapper that provides easy work queue semantics, used for distributed systems communication.
Hop consists of a simple set of abstractions over AMQP concepts that allow you to think in terms of jobs and topics, rather than queues, exchanges and routing.
A minimalistic web framework with route grouping and middleware chaining.
min is designed to be as elegant and as close to "the right way to do things" as possible. Which means that it doesn't implement a lot of custom types, or does a lot of magic. It relies heavily on context and regular types from net/http.
IPv4 address parser written in yacc that allows your users to specify a range of targets in various formats for network programs.
Epitome is a standard that aims to homogenize Atom+RSS syncing across the web. It's also a self-hosted alternative to the backend part of Google Reader, written in Go.
Comfort, ease of use and elegance are Epitome's primary design goals.
A complete re-write is in progress.
- Have been practicing classical guitar for eighteen years
- Studied a few years at Mexico's Conservatorio Nacional de Música
- Studied martial arts for six years
- Teaching myself photography
- Ingeniería en Sistemas Computacionales, Universidad del Valle de México, 2012–2016